The Cinco De Mayo festivities begin tomorrow!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Yay! Tomorrow our town's the annual 5 de Mayo parade! I'm so excited. It looks like the weather is going to be pretty good, too! I'm going to load up the wagon and lawn chairs tonight, so that we can leave early tomorrow and claim a good seat.

I guess I'm feeling nostalgic lately with all these photos from the past. Here were are at Olivia's 1st Cinco De Mayo parade. Olivia was 9 months old at the time, and Isabel had just turned two. The lady with the baby happens to be my mother-in-law, whom which I am none to happy with at the moment. Yeah, yeah. I know. What else is new, right?



I guess if you want to get technical, that wasn't officially Olivia's 1st Cinco De Mayo parade. The year before, at 9 months pregnant, I had actually MARCHED in the parade with my fellow co-workers. They were all fighting to hold down one of those huge, annoying balloon figures (Macys parade style) against the 45 mph wind gusts, while I was marching along with the little kids waving little Mexican flags. I felt kind of ridiculous, but whatever.

Anyways... back to 2009!!

Tomorrow I plan on taking the girls to the parade and to enjoy all the yummy Mexican food, and we'll go to the carnival Sunday afternoon. I bet the rides will be SUPER PACKED right after the parade, don't you think??

I hope to get lots of cool pictures tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't rain! We have a busy day ahead of us!

1 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Have fun!

I LOVE Mexican food. Sure it makes me a tad gassy but who cares! It's a small price to pay for delicious food. (Of course, the people around me might beg to differ..but oh well..)