Back to school... and dentist woes.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sorry, dearest blog, for I have been neglecting you lately. The weather has been fairly nice, and we've been spending quite a bit of time enjoying the great outdoors!

Anyways...

I've postponed mentioning this next tidbit, because I wasn't 100% sure it was going to happen. Now that tuition has been paid and classes start on Monday, I guess its safe to bring it up.

I start school on Monday!! How exciting and nerve wrecking is that?! Jose thinks that we should be taking advantage of him working out of town and making decent money, and what greater way to take advantage of the situation than for me to go to school and get a degree?

I'm going to be a full-time student starting in the fall. Right now I'm only taking two classes, human growth and a math refresher course. I still need to buy my text books, but I can do that on Friday as soon as Jose deposits his check into the bank.

I've bought mechanical pencils, notebooks, folders, and pens. I'm excited in an utterly geeky way. I can't wait to start doing homework and taking tests!

Wish me luck!!! :)

And now, a rather depressing bit of news. I took the girls to the dentist yesterday. I cried when I got the news. Olivia is getting her two front teeth pulled, and three crowns on her back molars. Isabel is getting one tooth pulled, two crowns, and four cavities filled.

I *knew* Olivia was going to need some work done. That was a given, seeing how she's been having dental work done since she was a baby. Isabel came as a shock to me, and I'm so upset with myself. Ugh.

The dentist and the receptionist were VERY, VERY nice (our first time there). The receptionist told us we ARE NOT the only ones in this boat, and that a lot of the time it is FAR worse. It made me feel slightly better, but I still suck. :(

They recommend us going to the hospital and getting all of the work done in one visit. If our health insurance okays it, that's the road we're going to go down. If not, I guess we'll be making lots of trips to the dentist!

We'll see. Wish us luck in that area, too!

Take care!

0 comments: