Haven't had much to report...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I've been kind of busy getting used to being back at school and having homework and tests and projects due!

Olivia's party was AWESOME. We could not have asked for nicer weather! The park looked beautiful! Once I get somewhere with a faster internet connection, I'll go ahead and upload some pictures of her party. She had so much fun. She says her favorite part was the bounce house!

Last night she gave me a scare, though! I ended up rushing her off to urgent care, where they said she was having an asthma attack! We haven't had the "asthma" word thrown around in a good 9-12 months. I had hope we were over this! Apparently not. She got bad, and she got bad FAST. She went from a little bit of coughing in the morning to non-stop coughing by 5pm and deep, scary-sounding wheezing.

They took her vitals at the urgent care clinic, and within seconds two doctors were in the room and they said she needed a nebulizer treatment and steroids. They also told me I need to talk to her pediatrician and see about getting her an official diagnosis so that she might be put on a preventative med. She is needing the nebulizer treatments every four hours like clockwork right now. We'll see how things go in the next couple of days.

Other than that, I can't really think of much to report. Take care everyone!!

0 comments: