Math woes.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Monday was my official "First Day Of School". I was excited and a tiny bit nervous as well, but all went well! I am taking Intro. To Algebra, or MATH 921B. Unfortunately, when I took the placement test, I failed the math portion miserably and this course is a refresher class to get people prepared to take Intermediate Algebra.

Right now, things are super easy. Seriously. We are adding and subtracting. No joke, people. We did greater than or less than yesterday. Um... I totally thought I had masted that skill in 5th grade, but apparently not!

Today I also start Human Growth & Development. It is a FIVE HOUR CLASS. FIVE HOURS!!! I'm going to go crazy cooped up in a classroom for five hours! Wish me luck! I can't afford to let my attention stray, because in a class that long I bet we cover a LOT of material!

Not much else to report. Olivia's birthday party is on Saturday. Her birthday is actually today! She is a four year old now!!! WOW!

Speaking of Olivia, since I'm going to be going to school full time in the fall, we had a decision to make. Day care? Preschool/day care? All day preschool??

At first, I was totally against the all day preschool idea. I think its a bit much for some five year olds! I couldn't even fathom the idea of putting my four year old in a classroom for 8 hours a day!

But then I started reading the information packet the principal gave us. And I brought it up to Jose to see what he thought. We've talked about and talked about and talked about it, and we decided to sign her up.

Economically, its the better choice. Daycare/preschool is $110 a week. The all day preschool is $300/month. Religiously, its the ideal school setting for us, and I'm even considering switching Isabel to the school for first grade.

Anyways, time to run... 10:15, time for class! Peace!

0 comments: