1st week down...

Sunday, August 23, 2009



Isabel's first week went pretty damned good! When I went to pick her up on the first day, she had so much to tell me. She made friends, she has two teachers, she got to play on the playground, she had Jello for lunch, etc. etc. I'm so proud of her! There were no problems at all during the week. She went to bed right at 9:30 each night (which in a week or two I'm going to move up to 9:00pm) with no complaints! Seeing how we were going to bed pretty darned late this summer, this is great.
There was one small hurdle, though... On Thursday I received paperwork from the ESL (English as a Second Language) program at her school. They did an oral test on her, and she qualifies for help through the program. I was kind of hurt and disappointed when I received the paperwork. I felt like I did something wrong. The next morning, though, I went and spoke with the ESL director, and I signed the permission slip. She is going to have someone go into her classroom and give her extra help as she needs it.
Tomorrow Olivia starts all day prekindergarten! I'm excited for her! I have to go home and iron her uniform and label all of her school supplies. I'll post pictures of her first day as soon as I can!

0 comments: