Freakin' a bit here...

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I've been bursting into tears randomly all weekend. Tomorrow, August 17th, my first born will be heading off to all day kindergarten. On Thursday, we went to meet her teacher and see her classroom. I was fighting back tears the entire evening. But, the closer we get, the harder it becomes to squelch the urge to cry.

I'm usually not a sentimental person, so these last couple of days have been really hard! Even though my heart is breaking at the thought of walking away from her classroom tomorrow morning, I'm also excited for her. Isabel is beyond prepared for tomorrow. She has checked her backpack a bazillion times. She asked me to make sure her tennis shoes were still in the box. She has been practicing writing her name like crazy, even though she's been able to do so since she was three. She loves change, and adapts quickly to new environments. She's going to have a blast tomorrow!

At least I hope she does... If she has a bad day and doesn't want to go back, I'm likely to let her stay home with me forever! ;)

Wish her luck tomorrow!! And then its Olivia's turn next week!!

0 comments: